Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I'm Back!

Hello from the heart of the Black Forest, in southern Germany-- this time I promised to blog about my travel experiences, but it's been so hard to find the time, get the motivation to actually write down what I've been doing. This time I'll try harder (yeah right..), no really, I will.

I've been almost 3 weeks here in Simonswald working on a horse farm. Mostly the day consists of feeding the horses, eating breakfast, exercising the horses, cleaning the stable, lunch, random projects, feeding the horses, eating dinner, read/knit/internet. I've been able to go shopping here, taking the car out. It's pretty awesome :) We've visited nearby places like Triberg, and also Strasbourg in France! Our neighbor and friend Dieter was kind enough to take us by car over the border to France. The weather has been mostly snowy and cold, yuck!

On Saturday I'm leaving Germany for Sardinia, an island off of Italy! I know it wont be hot, but at least it wont be freezing! Emma and I will go early Saturday to Frankfurt to fly with Ryan Air. I'm very excited and a bit nervous.

I'll post a bit more later. Honest.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe if people read it it will encourage you to write more!!! I am reading it!!! *hugs* I hope you are staying busy enough and also enjoying your down time. Sounds wonderful to be around the horses!

    ReplyDelete